|Home » About Us » Digital Kenya|
The Regional Radiocommunications Conference 2006 (RRC-06) was held in Geneva, Switzerland, in mid 2006 under the aegis of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The Conference, among other things, agreed on June 2015 as the cutover date for the transition from analogue to digital television broadcasting.
Kenya participated in RRC-06 and has embarked on preparation to ensure that the country abides by the resolutions arrived at the conference. Click on the links below for updates on ongoing national initiatives on the transition to digital broadcasting.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on digital migration
- Dealers with approved STBs
- Minimum Specifications for DVB-T2 Digital Set-Top-Boxes for the Kenyan Market
- Public announcement on the switch from DVB-T to DVB-T2 Digital Broadcasting platform
- Digital TV broadcasting launched in Kenya - 9th December 2009
- What you need to do know about migration to digital TV broadcasting
- Final Report of the National Taskforce on Migration to Digital Broadcasting, 3rd October 2007
- Stakeholders’ Forum on Transition from Analogue to Digital Television Broadcasting, 14th August 2007
- Public Consultation on the Draft Recommendations of the National Taskforce on Transition to Digital Broadcasting- Published on 10th July 2007 to close on 24th July 2007
- Government launches taskforce on digital broadcasting - 14-March 2007